Saturday, February 23, 2013

More about sleep

Hi there,

Have you met my mum? If you have you might know that she likes routine and predictability. When my big brother was a baby she was what is called a "routine mum." That means that my brother would have naps and feeds at the same time each day. Mum figured I would follow this routine as well. But alas, that was not to be.

Do you know why? Because I get sleepy a lot. I sleep when I'm meant to feed. Which means I then feed when I'm meant to sleep and then the routine is all messed up. Mum has decided to just go with it at the moment so I get to sleep whenever I want! Mum was afraid this would mean that I wouldn't sleep at night because I have so many naps during the day but surprisingly I have (mostly) been sleeping really well at night.

The last couple of nights I have gone to bed at about 7 - 8pm and then slept until about 1am and then right through to 5 or 6 am. Mum says if I keep this up I can have as many naps as I want during the day!

(In the interests of truthfulness, I should also mention that I have had nights when I've woken up 5 times. Mum does not like those nights so much)



Until next time,
Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment